We include products that we think are useful to readers. If you buy through the link on this page, we may earn a small commission. This is our process.
The purpose of wearing a posture correction bra is to pull the shoulders back, and it is best to strengthen the muscles of the neck and shoulders to improve posture. In this way, bras should help prevent or relieve pain in the back, neck, and shoulders.
Other ways to prevent back pain include regular exercise, using ergonomically designed furniture, and eating a nutritious diet.
This article discusses the health benefits and risks of a posture correction bra and explains how to choose. It also includes a series of bras for posture correction and answers some common questions.
A small study in 2021 found that posture-correcting bras can effectively support the breasts and improve the position of the neck and shoulders without putting pressure on the back. After wearing it for 3 months, the pain in the back, neck and shoulders of the participants eased.
Researchers suggest that bras that correct posture support a person’s breasts more evenly than regular bras, thereby reducing shoulder pressure. These garments can also help a person stand straighter and improve their overall posture.
However, a person may be overly dependent on these posture correctors, which can eventually lead to muscle weakness. Therefore, they are not suitable for long-term use.
Other studies have established a possible link between sedentary behavior and low back pain. Therefore, regular physical exercise can replace posture correction bras to minimize the pain in this part of the body.
Learn more about back pain here.
Before buying a bra that corrects posture, people may wish to consider the following points:
- Material and comfort: People may find that certain materials are more comfortable than others, especially because they may wear a bra for a long time.
- Adjustable shoulder strap: With adjustable shoulder straps, one can ensure that the bra fits correctly.
- Size range: Some brands cater to those with larger bust and cup sizes.
Bras are not the only posture corrector available. A person may want to consider whether they need more support than a bra that corrects posture.
Learn more about posture correctors here.
Below, let’s take a look at the nine best posture correction bras available online.
Please note that the author of this article has not tried these products. All information is purely based on research.
Delimira back support posture bra
Optimal color range
The brand sells support bras in 20 colors, ranging in size from 34B to 48E. Currently, one of the bras is priced at $21.99.
- Made of 81% polyamide and 19% spandex
- Wireless design
- The cup is unlined
- X-shape crosses the back to provide posture support
- Hook-and-eye closure on the front
- Adjustable shoulder strap allows one person to choose from three positions
Playtex 18-hour back support bra
Best Quartet Support System
This model is available in four colors, ranging in size from 36B to 46DDD. Prices start at $13.00 and can go up to $42.99, depending on the size.
- The material is a mixture of nylon and spandex
- The magic ring design in the cup provides a boost
- Four-way support system provides additional support
- Close in front
- No skin irritation label
- No reversing design
- Not suitable for machine wash
DHX Chest support bra posture corrector
Best low-cut style
The DHX model is available in two colors, with sizes ranging from 30B to 44B. In some strap sizes, one person can choose DD/E cups at most. Prices range from US$6.19 to US$20.99, depending on the size.
- Material is 90% polyester and 11% spandex
- Low design compared to competitors’ products
- High underarm design
- Non-slip adjustable shoulder strap
- Three adjustable hooks on the front
- U-shaped back
Laudine back support posture bra
Best for larger band sizes
Laudine support bras are available in three different colors. The size range is 36C-54G, and the product price is $22.99.
- Polyester-cotton blended fabric with cotton lining
- The X shape on the back provides posture support
- Adjustable front seal
- The elastic band in the cup is used for lifting and shaping
- Adjustable wide padded shoulder strap with extra cushion
Exquisite pure cotton posture bra
Best lace detail
This posture bra has three colors to choose from, suitable for people with bra sizes from 34B-46DDD. The price range is US$15 to US$33.99.
- Made of nylon, spandex and cotton
- Close in front
- The criss-crossed powernet elastic fabric on the back allows this part of the body to support the weight of the chest
- Cup made of soft cotton fabric
- Transparent lace on top
- Machine washable
Leonisa posture correction bra
Best for shaping
Leonisa’s model is available in three colors, the size is 32B-42DD. The size determines the price, ranging from $45 to $51.98.
- Made of 90% polyamide and 10% elastane
- High coverage underarm design, streamline the contour
- Cross straps on the back provide targeted support
- Cordless, with chest strap
- Double-layer DuraFit makes breasts naturally rounded
- Three-level adjustable shoulder strap
- Front seal
Glamorise Posture back support bra
Optimal size range
This bra is available in four colors. Suitable for people with larger bust, the size range is 36B-58K. Depending on the size, its cost is between US$30.99 and US$101.
- Made of polyamide nylon, polyester and elastane
- Adjustable hook-and-eye closure on the front
- V-neck shaped cup
- Cotton Lycra tape that crosses the back to help posture
- Extra wide backrest adjustment strap
- Wireless, but with a design that supports Magic-Lift
- Machine washable
Coralie sports bra
The best hybrid car for exercise
This posture corrector can also double as a sports bra. It is available in two colors and the size ranges from small to 3 times larger. The price is $22.99.
- X-shaped support on the back
- Body sculpting bust
- Materials that can only be washed by hand
Below, we answer some common questions about back pain in bras that correct posture.
Do posture correctors really help relieve back pain?
Scientific research on postural orthotics is limited, so it is not yet clear how they affect back pain.
However, as an alternative, people can try to do some gentle exercises to improve their posture.A sort of
How long should a person wear a bra for posture correction?
One should not wear these bras all day long, nor should one be overly dependent on them. It is recommended to wear these products for a few hours at most, otherwise it may cause muscle weakness when removed.
Will the doctor recommend a posture corrector?
There is very little guidance on this point. However, before buying a posture corrector, people should consider seeking medical advice.
Corrective bras usually have a crossover design on the back to provide support and pull the shoulders back. In this way, they can improve a person’s posture.
Many brands of posture support bras can be purchased on Amazon. However, there are few studies on its effectiveness.